Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Last blog for a while :(

As you can tell from the title, this will be my last blog for a while, about 13 days, to be exact. I'm going away tomorrow and, even though I'm staying in the country, I will be without internet (sadface). I really think I'm going to be away at the worst possible time though. While I am away there is the Harry Potter premiere (which I found out today Joe Walker and Darren Criss will be at), the release of the final film and LeackyCon. Yes, I am sad about missing these things because of StarKid. I wasn't too bothered about the HP premiere until today but finding out that those two would be there made me jealous, seriously I think the room will explode out of immense awesomeness on that day! I'm more disappointed about the other two though. A week or so ago I wouldn't have been bothered about the release of the final HP but now, thanks to tumblr, I have discovered the amazing community around Harry Potter and I wish I could see people's reactions when they see the movie. I just love seeing people happy. I am probably most upset about missing LeakyCon, though. I would have loved to go but I know that's not possible and if I was at home with internet then I could watch videos as they were posted and feel like I'm experiencing it with everyone else, rather than after everyone else which is something I haven't been able to do yet. Oh well, I guess there'll be other times I can do that! I'm a bit upset about missing these things but the videos will still be there when I get back so I'm staying positive about it!

That big essay might not look like me staying positive but I had to get it out somewhere...

I mentioned in a previous blog that I was writing an email to Julia Albain and, after a day of writing it in word, I sent it to her yesterday evening. It was an essay. And by essay I mean 800+ words, more than some of my courseworks at school. I had a lot to say to her. I have been checking my emails obsessively since I sent it and, although I don't expect an instant reply, I really hope she reads it and replies. I just had to tell her how much her book meant to me, I hope I've conveyed that well enough. I have a feeling that the email turned into something like one of my blog posts but oh well, that's me.

As I've mentioned before, I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the second time and I'm loving it! I can't believe I didn't appreciate it when I was younger. I'm making up for lost time now! I was very young when I first read them; my mum read the first few to me in bed! I didn't watch the films because when I was younger I didn't like the cinema and was a wimp so I have some making up to do now!

Today I got an email from the people I'm volunteering with in August and got the dates I'm going to be helping out and everything. I'm really looking forward to it! There is a volunteer induction day later on this month and I discovered that they don't have anything on Wednesdays. That'll be good because I'll have 2 days in, 1 day of, 2 days in and 2 days off. In short, I'll still be able to be on holiday a bit! I think doing this will show me whether I really want be work with children with special needs because, apart from work experience, I'll be experiencing what I will be in my job for the first time. Everyone I've talked to has said that I'll love the experience and I really hope so, if not I'll be stuck for a career! I'll be doing BEDA while volunteering so I'll be able to share the experience and keep a record of how it's going. I'm looking forward to August!

I've just looked over the title of my blog and realized how dramatic it sounds! It sounds like I'm giving up on blogging for a bit or something but I'm not, I promise!

Today was awesome because: When I was home alone the washing was out and I was in charge of looking out for the washing if it rained. It rained and I had to dash out to get it inside, while it was raining. It's surprisingly fun to run about in the rain, even if you are on your own! I've danced in rain before and it was one of the funnest things I have ever done, seriously everyone should try it!

Quote of the day:
"I write to just say the things that I need to say"
Julia Albain
This is exactly why I write in this blog, it just sums everything I think about my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment