Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Sunday 3 July 2011

My head.

So, my last blog was pathetic. I had planned to do a big recap of everything that happened but it got late so I just wrote some rubbish down and put some pictures in. Sorry. So, I'm going to to a promcap (yes, I'm a nerd and that makes me happy). As most girls did, I spent the whole day getting ready. I basically relaxed until 2pm when we went to the hairdressers to get my hair done (well duh) which was fun. I was a bit iffy because I didn't bother with make up and lenses so I was looking bad and was blind. But it was all good. I actually love how my hair worked out in the end! After the hairdressers my mum went and picked my friend, Sally, up so that she could get ready at ours. We did our make up and got in our dresses on etc. together and it was really fun! By the time Sally and I were done our other friends were arriving and getting ready. We had picture times and then, at 6:30 our limo arrived. We went out and had another picture time before getting into the limo and having an hours fun raving (ey oh we're in a limo) we arrived at the hotel that prom was held at. By the way, getting out of a limo is fun when you're in a floor length dress, all part of the fun I guess! After another, shorter, picture time we headed inside where most of our year was already there but that was okay. After a few minutes we were told to go in and take our seats which we did (we were on table 11, in case you were wondering) and we began our meal. Loads of people last year complained about the food but everyone on our table thought it was great! After some lolz (Brioni commenting on how cute our waiter was when he was right there and Prince Harry serving people) the meal was over and the dancing/queuing for pictures started. After waiting for ages we got some professional photographs and giving up on buying one because the que for that was huge and cramped and we can get them on the website we gave up and went for a bit of a dance. Dancing is pretty hard in heels and long dresses so after doing the macarena we went and collapsed in seats. We took some photos, danced a bit more (reach for the stars and a steps song came on , we couldn't resist) and laughed at (drunk) teachers dancing. It was a good night! We were one of the few groups who got a limo back home so once the last song was played we went out to look for our limwo. Another, shorter this time, rave and we were home! The two boys in our group went home and us girls had a sleepover. I actually didn't want to get out of the limo/out of my dress by the end of the night but it had to be done. We actually slept more at a sleepover than we have before and it was kind of fun. Just being with my best friends was great!

I had to write all that out because I really never want to forget that night. I've kind of got this irrational fear of forgetting it so I wrote it all down here just to be sure...

Also, on Thursday I got Julia Albain's book (A Glamorously Unglamorous Life) in the post but couldn't read it because I had to get on and get ready. I finished it on Friday though and it's amazing! I recommend it to everyone, even if you're not a StarKid it's definitely worth reading! I can't get over how amazing she is, she has inspired me so much: I am now more motivated to do things and not just sit here and do nothing. It also made me want to write a lot more. The book stemmed from the blog she kept while in New York and that has made me want to write on here even more. I don't think I can explain how I feel about her book properly but I'm trying! She has had the best experiences and has the best friends and I kind of feel like if I have half of the experiences she had in NY I will have a good life and learn a lot. I just hope I can have the opportunity to learn as much as she did! I am planning on writing her an email to tell her how amazing she is but I'm not sure quite how to without sounding creepy or gushing too much. I'll work it out!


A few days ago this amazing video was posted on a StarKid group on facebook. The link is:  http://youtu.be/HkHUASn-K6M if you like StarKid then you'll love this! It is seriously the ultimate StarKid thing. Denise Donovan has already seen it and I think they all need to see it! It basically sums up exactly how I feel about Team StarKid. Just the whole thing is just wow. I love this fandom too much for words. I think I can honestly say that Team StarKid have changed my life.

In news slightly related to that, I have started Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. I gave up on To Kill a Mockingbird because it was overdue at the library and I felt bad and wasn't enjoying it. I might pick it up again sometime but for now I'm starting on Harry Potter! I'm really getting into the book at the moment and I can't wait to watch the films! My friends will definitely be proud!

I've mentioned it before in my blog but I'm going to really explain it today because I feel like it's kind of special. So in our garden we have a cherry tree, some raspberry bushes (I think they're bushes) and a blackcurrant bush. This year we've had A LOT of fruit from them and I've actually really enjoyed picking it! I don't know what it is, there's just something about being outside as a lovely summer's day is ending picking fruit that has been grown in your garden. It just feels good. The fruit's nice as well, so that's a bonus! I hope I can have a nice garden with fruit trees in when I'm settled down in my own house with a family etc. I guess it's one of those things I want my kids to have...

As you can tell from the title, this blog really was just what is in my head at the moment. But I guess that's my blog! It is called a teenager talking to herself after all!

Today was awesome because: I didn't really do anything! I need these days every now and again.
Yesterday was awesome because: I went into Jane Norman which has gone into liquidation and so had a sale on and they just had really loud music playing. It kind of felt like a goodbye party. Don't ask me why, but it made me smile.

Lyrics of the day:
We all have a story to tell 
He Is We - Happily ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment