Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Thursday 15 September 2011

Update and stuff

I started at college. This is the reason for my lack of blogging. College started a week ago and it's been kind of crazy. We have a new building, new subjects etc. and there is a whole new atmosphere but, instead of having a bit of a transition period, we got straight into lessons. We have no other option, our first exams are in January. So far I'm loving Sociology, Psychology is boring at the moment because we're just going over things I already know and English and Biology are fine. So it's all good! I don't hate it yet, so that's good! I've not got much to say about college to be honest, it's tiring and it takes up a lot of time. There is my excuse for not blogging. Hopefully I'll be able to blog at least a few times a week in the near future, I miss my therapy!

As always I am completely immersed in the StarKid fandom - some things won't be changing for a long time yet! One thing I've kind of realised tonight is that I want to go to a fan gathering/conference of some sort. This hit me just a few minutes ago when I was watching a video from LeakyCon. That whole event seems so incredible, I want to experience something like that. I have this need to meet up with some, if not all of my amazing StarKid internet friends and just geek out together while seeing the people who brought us together. That's a very specific ambition but it's a very real one and it's one I feel needs to happen soon. I don't know, maybe it's just because I saw that there'll be a LeakyCon 2012 that makes me feel like it's a very real thing but that's how I feel.

Something I've been becoming a lot more interested in lately is writing. At the moment I'm more interested in fiction writing than anything else. After being inspired by an amazing Tup fanfic on tumblr I've started writing some Starship based fanfiction that I hope to be at least finished with first drafts of by the end of the month. I don't know how realistic of a goal that is but oh well. I do know I have to be mostly finished by the time November starts because I will be attempting NaNoWriMo in November. I'm fully prepared to fail due to college work and stuff but I'm at least going to try and create some sort of fiction work. Maybe writing my fanfiction will help me with ideas for it! Hopefully it will, since I have no other ideas now!

This was just kind of me checking in, blogging because I haven't in a long time and rambling as usual. It was fun!

Also, when did it become the middle of September?!

No comments:

Post a Comment