Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Thursday 8 September 2011

One of those moods

I'm in that mood where I just feel inspired, like I want to do something very specific and creative but I have no idea what I want to do. Maybe it's because Julia Albain wrote a new blog, maybe it's because I'm reading some amazing stories, maybe it's because I started college today and just want to do something. Right now I'm thinking it's a combination of those things. I kind of want to write a fanfiction but, although I've started many, I don't have any ideas that I feel would make me feel inspired enough to carry on with it. So I'm doing what I've found to be the best therapy: blogging.

I guess I just want a creative outlet. Every day I am surrounding myself with all these amazing, creative people on tumblr and I just want a way to engage that part of me. I really want to try writing fiction but, as I said earlier, I have no ideas. I want, or need, to plan a story out. I just need the idea for this story. This year I'm planning to take part in NaNoWriMo and at least attempt to write a novel. Writing is the only creative thing I think I could do well in some way. I know I can't do any of "the arts" but I need a way to be creative. It's a new passion that I think tumblr has ignited, that I love and want to act on yet find myself without a way to act on it.

Somehow, other people's words just say what I want to. Other's writing just does it. Somehow, I can read a blog and feel like they have said what I have wanted to for a long time. While that is inspiring and amazing, it also discourages me in a way. It makes me feel like I could never write as well as others, they'll always be able to say or do it better. But maybe that's just a fact of life. Maybe there will always be people who can do it better but you have to try and do what you can. If you do your best maybe it might be enough for someone else. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to write words that can help others. For now I guess I'll just practice.

Also, read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment