Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Thursday 26 April 2012

Free time

Lately, I've been finding myself having less free time and realizing that this free time will steadily decrease as I get older. This wasn't a very pleasant thing to realize really. However, whilst I was realizing this, I also realized that I will still have some free time. There'll always be some time that I can have where I don't have anything that I need to do. There will probably be lots of things I want to do.

As part of this realization/changing in my life, I think I've learnt to tell the difference between what I want to do and what I need to do. I used to complain about not having any free time if I could hardly be on the internet in a day, or hardly watch tv or whatever. But now I'm trying to teach myself that those times when I've been with my friends all day aren't a loss of free time, they're just a different way of spending it. I've realized that I can go a day without tumblr or youtube and still be happy that I've had a good day because I've been with the people who are most special to me.

Sure, I'd love to have time to do everything I want, I'd love to be able to live like I don't have anything I need to do. But that's not possible, and it's not going to be possible much for a long time. So I have to appreciate and be thankful for all the free time I do have. I'm learning to know when I have time to spend on whatever I want and to spend it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment