Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Sunday 22 April 2012

"Loneliness is state of mind"

This is something I've been thinking about a lot for a while now. I guess what started this is the quote I've used as the title, taken from Julia Albain's book. Something ignited the spark again was someone telling me "apparently, everyone in the world can be connected by a web of 7 people".

These quotes have become forever linked in my mind. I can truly believe that every person in the world can be connected by just a few people. Think about how many people we see on a daily basis? Whenever you leave your house you see new people, if only for a few seconds. In those seconds they are part of your life and you are a part of theirs. You might never see them again, you might see them often and develop a relationship. Either way, they've been part of your life for those few, fleeting seconds you've shared a present.

Thinking like this, it's easy to see how many different people you must be connected to in some way, however small. You touch so many lives, it is impossible to be truly alone in this world. Our lives are so perfectly interlinked with so many other people that there is no way you can ever be truly, truly alone.

It's so easy to feel alone, though. I've felt it many times. When you don't believe you're being noticed, or when you don't think anyone cares about you. But something will drag you out of this, something or someone will help you. Life's not easy, but always try to believe that you are not alone. You are connected to so many people, and you'll find it out on your way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment