Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Friday 24 August 2012

Surround yourself with people who inspire you

This phrase is one I've seen around a lot recently and, while I agree that it is important, I don't think it's as simple as it seems. I do have people in my life who inspire me but I also feel like i see most of the people in my life as peers who aren't really inspirational. To me, this isn't ideal and I've spent a lot of time recently wishing I could find more people to be my friends who truly inspire me but not knowing how to change it. I was just feeling a bit stuck, hoping for things to improve in the future but not really doing anything to help myself.

Today I suddenly thought, I don't have to change the people around me, I only have to change the way I look at the people around me. The people around me may not all be the type who are classically and consciously inspirational, but there are definitely inspirational things about them. The amazing way the playleader at volunteering is able to calm down the children when they need it, the way my boyfriend is loyal and loving towards everyone, the way that my friends are what they are without apologizing and the way that the children I volunteer with can be cheered up immediately by the smallest thing. These are all inspiring qualities, things that I look up to and aspire to achieve. I just need to have the mindset that lets me see these qualities.

So from now on I'm going to make a conscious effort to notice these qualities in the people I'm around every day. People are inspirational in their nature, you just have to choose to see it in them. Maybe, by choosing to see this, you are able to not only be happier in your own life but also attract more of the people who you want to surround yourself with. See the beauty and more beauty will find you one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment