Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Monday 3 September 2012

I'm kinda awesome

Yesterday this thought just kind off popped into my head in the middle of the day. This made me realize that I actually do like my personality right now. I am happy with the person I have become in the past year or so and I am thankful for the people who have made me into this person. There are still some things that I would change about parts of myself, as an overall person, I like who I am right now. It's taken quite a journey to get here but it's been one of the most worthwhile and important journeys I've ever been on.

However, at first when I thought this I stopped myself and thought "no, that's me being big headed". I think that is one thing that has stopped my before: the impression that actually liking myself and seeing the good in me is a bad quality to have. There's a big message sent out in society that you're only a good person if you don't believe it. Even one of the most popular songs this year contains the lyrics "you don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful". Society just seems to send out this message too often and, honestly, this is one of the reasons I think that people, especially girls, put themselves down too often.

But thanks to some inspirational and amazing people who have come into my life and shown me that it is okay to actually like myself and kickstarted this journey to getting to this point. Yes it was an individual journey that I had to go on on my own but a few people really helped me along the way and I am eternally grateful for them.

I know that this realization will make me more confident and help me walk a little taller. I really believe that if more people tried to like themselves more then the world would be a much happier and much better place to live in. All you need to do is realize that you deserve to like and be kind to yourself, it's a great thing to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment