Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Sunday 9 December 2012

My Warriors Heart

This is a post inspired by The Julia Club and their theme for this week.
"I was born with a warrior's heart. I know that now."
  - Julia Albain

Like most people, when I read this part of Julia's book I teared up. I teared up because I realised that we all have warrior's hearts. Every single person is born with a warrior's heart and we all use them a little differently. They are all meant for different purposes: some roar, whilst others are quietly confident; some are forceful and driven, whilst others slowly reveal their purpose. It is the journey of finding out this purpose that gives us our own unique path of life.

I think, as children, we are aware of our warrior's hearts. We are purpose driven and we know what we want and when we want it. However, as we grow into teenagers and young adults, the mess of life masks our warrior's hearts and makes us forget that we have them. We get wrapped up in school work, relationships and general side effects of living life. When we are going through tough times, that is when we forget our warrior's heart most of all. It's still there though, beating quietly in the background, driving us, reminding us not to give up.

When we are coming out of these hard times is when we find our warrior's heart again. We see that we can get through anything and everything thanks to this amazing spirit we are born with. In seeing this, we find out that we will be alright. We can get through the trails of life and we can come out stronger on the other side of it.

I think that's the overriding message in Julia's book. We sometimes forget about that warrior's heart inside of us and, during her time in New York, Julia forgot that. I've forgotten that recently. You remember though, and you can get through hard times with the knowledge that you have a warrior's heart to guide you.

No comments:

Post a Comment