Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Saturday 5 January 2013

Love is worth it

Love is worth everything. Love for your peers, love for your family and especially love for yourself. It's worth it. The message of loving isn't out there enough, it's something that is just taken for granted: it is expected that we will receive love as children and that will be enough. But so often it's not, so often people don't get the love they deserve. It's a problem but it's a problem that is often dealt with in time.

What's more of a problem in my eyes though is the lack of love we all have for ourselves. It's just not something we are taught to want when really it should be something we are taught we need for good health. People just don't value it, if you show any signs of liking yourself then you're seen as not a very nice person, it's just the message that's given to us.

So many times I said "if I believed that I was a wonderful person then I'd be the most big headed person in the world" because it's what I genuinely believed. I thought no one wanted to be friends with someone who thought they were actually good. After a while I realised that it was something I deserved because it's something everyone deserves.

I intend to do everything I possibly can do to spread this knowledge to as many people as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment