Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Monday 27 June 2011

Sorting sorting sorting...

Today I have been sorting out stuff. All day. Since both me and my mum aren't doing anything during the day at the moment so she has become obsessed with cleaning and sorting everything out and stuff. Today we were sorting out the downstairs study and my desk was kind of a mess. I wish I had before and after pictures but I'm not that clever so I didn't.

I found some old toys from cereal boxes which I found that I miss! Seriously, they should bring those back! They're so cool. I also found a lot of half finished diaries and books that I've started throughout the years and there is A LOT. Ever since I was little I have written little books and diaries but I don't think I've ever finished a full story. I know I have only finished one diary in my life and it was this tiny little thing that was very easy to finish.

I don't know why but I've always felt the need to document my life for myself. I just really want to be able to remember what happened when I was younger and I just kind of never want to let go of all the good times I've had. In the words of StarKid: I'm hoping that the good old days are something I will dream about at night.

As part of the sorting today I made myself a little memory box thing with all my half finished diaries and stories that I've done and programs and picture books I've made/collected from things. I feel like this box is something I'll just take round with me because I love memories and everything in there so much. I love pictures so so much, I just think that photographs can capture so much and just show a true emotion that is in a moment.

I also started an inspirational quote book today. As part of the sorting (again) I found a lovely little book that my cousin got from Thailand with beautiful hand made paper in it and I thought that, since it was a beautiful looking book I would fill it with beautiful things that people have said. This was also kind of inspired by Julia Albain, as a lot of things are at the moment.

So, again this was a completely all over the place blog but that's my mind!

Quote of the day: 
"It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all"
J.K. Rowling

Today was awesome because: I got stuff cleared out!

No comments:

Post a Comment