Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Sunday 26 June 2011

To Kill A Mocking Bird (and some thoughts)

I'm going to start my book review thing today. Yesterday I was inspired to read more at read a chapter of TKAMB last night. I started reading this book because my friend read it for English Lit and everyone in their class loved it and really recommended it. At the moment though, I'm not too sure about it. I think it's probably because I've been reading it in tiny bits and haven't had much time to really get into it. So, as I said, I read a chapter of the book yesterday and I liked it. I like the way its told from a child's perspective and the narrative is interesting. I don't really have too much to say about it yet, I'm going to start writing down thoughts as I'm reading it as soon as possible. Basically, I'm not really into the book yet but it seems good so far.

I hope I'll get better at this reviewing thing, practice makes perfect I guess!

As I mentioned yesterday I was really really inspired by Julia Albain and the things I had read about her/of hers last night and that kind of carried into today. After reading her blog I decided that I definitely wanted to order her book because the way she wrote on her blog was just amazing, she has this amazing ability to write her thoughts down in a truly inspiring way. I don't know how she does it but it just made me want to experience a lot. I really don't have a clue what it is but just reading 2 of her blogs made me want to experience everything I can and be everything I want to be.

That whole paragraph probably sounds extremely sappy but I don't care.

Today I went to church as normal and was preparing for a lazy day on the computer not doing anything but then I got a call from one of my best friends asking if I would like to come out. Since it was ab amazingly hot day today and Julia's writing had inspired me to go for it, I agreed and we had a lot of fun! We ended up just sitting on a hill talking and laughing, two of the best pass times! Fumble and mumble bees were around and my friend got screamed because a dog appeared in front of her. Fun times

I think I'm going to start doing quotes or lyrics that just say a bit about what I'm feeling because sometimes that is the best way to show it so...
Lyrics of the day:
"Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but because I knew you I have been changed for good"
Wicked.
This just perfectly describes how I feel about my friends.

Today was awesome because: It felt like summer was here! (even if it may only have been for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment