Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Wednesday 10 August 2011

BEDA Day 10: People

Woah. We're into double figures of BEDA! I think it's going well so far, not sure how I'll feel in a week or so but it's going good for now.
Today I want to do a kind of follow up blog to my rant yesterday. I've been planning this blog for a while and after yesterday I think it's the best time to do it. I'm being unnecessarily vague right now. If you've read the title you all ready know that today I'm going to blog about people. It's kind of a vast topic but there are thing's I've been thinking about for a long time that I just want to write down...

I believe that people are one of the greatest things in the world. Great in bad ways as well as good. Fellow human beings are the one thing that seems to evoke strong emotions in me. I can feel so much love for some people, yet others can annoy me so much and make me so angry. Thinking about it, I feel like people are the only thing that cause true emotion in me. For some people beauty causes them to feel but honestly, I can appreciate beautiful landscapes etc. but they don't stir up emotions. At the end of the day it's people and their behaviour that get me.

My life motto for a long time has been "people are silly" and I think I will always have that opinion. People do the stupidest things (example: rioting) and can sometimes make the worst decisions. My 16 years experiencing people has taught me that people can be infuriating and will probably let you down. For some reason, a lot of people believe what I consider to be stupid things and act on them in the worst ways.

Despite these things, I think that people are wonderful. There's nothing that beats them. For every stupid person out there, there must be at lease one person who has a kind heart and will be there to help if they are needed. I feel so much love for so many people: my friends, StarKid and the people who helped clean up after the riots are just a few people who make me explode with love. People help others. They create so many great ways to help others. Yes, people can hurt others but people can also help those who have been hurt. Sometimes someone will do or say something that will help someone so much. Simple words can do everything. I've seen an amazing project take form on tumblr and words in a book have changed the way I think. It is all because of people. Humans have an amazing power to help and influence people for the better. Maybe that's why I love people so much. If we want to we can do anything.

I'd like to go back to these riots for a bit. Everything I saw about the people rioting yesterday angered me. But then I saw what people were doing to help. I've seen people all over the country coming out to help re build what the riots destroyed. People are coming together to repair our communities. I've seen pictures of normal people out there trying to stop riots and protecting their local shopping centre just in case. It's inspiring. I believe that people can and are making the best out of terrible situations. Sometimes bad things cause unbelievably amazing things and it's all because of certain people's reactions to them.

I'm kind of having a hard time expressing what I really mean so that's all I can say right now. If you have read Julia Albain's book then I basically agree with everything she says about people. Reading it I was saying "Yes! That's what I think! Thank you for putting it into words!" If you've read it, you'll probably know what I mean, if not just ignore that.

This is all my opinion, I understand if you think opposite, it's just how I feel.

Quote of the day:
"Our lives are our relationships"

No comments:

Post a Comment