Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Tuesday 23 August 2011

BEDA Day 23: I love strangers

So yeah, my love for people I have never met is incredible. Somehow, things they say mean so much to me. Yes, this is another post about tumblr. Nope. I don't care.

Last night I was feeling pretty crappy (again) and I posted it on tumblr because...I don't know, I guess I just wanted to be heard. A few minutes later I got the nicest, loveliest message ever. It didn't say a lot, it was just nice and exactly what I needed. I don't think someone's ever said exactly what I need to hear directly to me before. It meant (and still means) a lot to me. It just helped me a lot. I took their advice and it helped a lot. It was a little thing but it made me feel better. Before last night I'd never talked to the girl who messaged me, we followed each other but hadn't talked. Maybe that made it more special. The fact that someone I had never talked to cared that I was feeling lonely. It's something that's really special to me.

I love the internet so much. I've rambled on about it a lot this month but really, I love it. You FIND so many amazing people on here, people you don't know can affect your life by saying the smallest things. People in different countries can bring so much to your life, I will never be able to fully express how amazing I find it or how much I love it.

Also, I have kids songs etched into my brain. I have watched a certain episode of Barney at least 10 times.
"Kids are cooler than adults"
Julia Albain

No comments:

Post a Comment