Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Friday 5 August 2011

BEDA Day 5: Happiness

Today I went on a trip as part of the volunteering I'm doing. I really enjoyed it; seeing all the kids happy made me unbelievably happy and it got me thinking about happiness and the ways people can be made happy etc. It's obvious that there are many ways of making people happy and everyone is made happy by different things. For some it's people possessions, for some it's friends and family and for some people it could be as simple as a kind word from the right person.

Recently I have discovered that it is people who make me happiest. More specifically it's people who are happy in general or have been made happy due to something I have contributed to. For example, today I found myself grinning like an idiot when some of the children were messing about and when you could see how much fun they were having. Seeing a look of pure happiness is the best thing in the world to me. Especially on the children I've been helping. There's just something magical about it, maybe it's because I know that I have helped, I have been able to make that child happy for a bit, I have helped make their day a good one. I can't really explain how good it makes me feel.

The same goes for my friends. I am perfectly happy to just sit back and watch my friends have fun. For example, on Wednesday when we were in Toys R Us I spent most of my time walking behind my friends being children. But I loved it. I've done it before; just watching my friends have fun is probably one of my favourite things to do. However, I feel like this is for different (yet similar) reasons. I feel like I love this so much because they are the people I love the most. Often I haven't contributed to their fun, I'm just seeing it but seeing it is enough. My friends are my family, they are the people I am closest to and the ones who I can always count on to have a good time with. So seeing them happy means a lot because I am seeing the people a love happy and I think that makes most people happy in some way.

It's not just people I know being happy, though. I am fascinated by people I see randomly who are happy. I love people watching, I could do it all day. I could watch a little girl running through birds or a group of friends laughing together and be happy. It's just something I love.

Again, just wanted to put this out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment