Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Monday 12 March 2012

My very own love story

So this is going to be a bit of a sappy one, but it's something I want to get out, just to have it here for safekeeping.
WARNING: this is going to be sappy and it's really only for one person's benefit so don't feel like you have to read it or anything. It's going to be a lot more autobiographical than a lot of things I've put on here recently.

So, as a lot of you probably know, I got a boyfriend not so long a go (3 months a go exactly if we're being exact). I haven't really shared "my story" with anyone at all really so, here goes. The amazing, sweet boy in question is someone I've known for a very long time. We essentially grew up together, drifting in and out of each other's lives, but always maintaining some form of contact throughout the years. As long as I can remember, he's been a friend.

A couple of years a go, things started to change a bit. We became closer than we ever had before, simply because we ran in the same friendship circles. Soon, he was one of my best friends: one of the few who remained from a big group I once had. I couldn't have been happier with my friendship group and my social life at that time. Several times during that time I thought about him differently, but every time I did I suppressed it as just hopefulness, I thought I was just convincing myself that something false was true, a crime I have committed many times before. We carried on, as we were until we started college in September. He moved to a different area that was still close by but meant that we got the same bus. This brought us even closer together and something definitely started to change. I can't pinpoint the exact time it did, but as we got closer my feelings started to change. After quite a while, he told me his true feelings and I knew what I wanted. So, after about a month of kind of dating but not really, he asked me out and we fell in love.

Suddenly, I understood the loved up songs. Every song became about him, he was all I could thing of and I knew this thing would last. So far, it has lasted. I know the likelihood of it lasting as long as I want it to is pretty slim, but stranger things have happened and I have hope.In short, this is my very own "epic love story". It might not seem much, but the past three months have been the best time of my life so far and I don't want anything to change. He makes everything better by just being there, I don't know what I'd do without him. I just hope I can offer half as much support as he gives me.

This post was overdue and probably didn't say everything I want it to, but there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment