Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Thursday 14 June 2012

Inspirational women

I just want to dedicate this post to all the amazing girls and women who inspire me every day.

I am so incredible lucky to know of and know some of the best, kindest and most inspirational women. They constantly help me through life without knowing it. Without some of the women I know I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am today. Recently, I've really come to love just how much other people are able to help you help yourself in some way. However, until recently I've only really noticed myself get inspired from afar, not directly by the people I consider friends. My perspective is shifting though, I've realised that your friends and the people you surround yourself with are just as inspirational and amazing as those you idolize.

I feel like one of the main reasons this has been something that has been on my mind recently is because I am opening myself up to it more. As part of my "mission" to improve myself etc. I have made more of an effort to be inspired. This has meant that I look for places to be inspired and so find them. Seek and ye shall find. That's something I've learnt through this realisation: the things I'm striving for are there, I just need to look for them. This has been on my mind recently when I've been talking to one of my friends a lot more. She's so strong and amazing, she can do so much and cares about so many people all at the same time. She's one of my close friends and is very similar to me, in other words my "twinny" but she inspires me so much. The way she handles everything, the advice she gives and the work she puts into what she loves reflects exactly how I want to be one day. I'm not too used to this, I'm not used to my friends inspiring me, I'm used to people I don't know inspiring me. That's great, but this gives me that extra bit of motivation, it shows me that I CAN do it because someone tangible, someone like me is doing everything and so I am shown that I can become who I want. Just knowing her has helped me more than I can ever express and I'm so lucky to be able to count her as a friend, thank you. You know who you are.

So many women have inspired me over time and each one of them have helped me become who I am today and are helping me become someone I need to be. Without ever really knowing it, people change us in amazing ways. I'm so lucky to be able to have access to these amazing women who have changed and will continue to change my life. People are important: cherish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment