Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm just trying to figure out this journey we call life

Saturday 22 September 2012

You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away.

I love this song. It's stuck in my head ever since I learnt it in school when I was six. If you really think about the words you can see how it's a song telling someone how much you love them and how much they mean to you. It's all about love. It's all about showing someone your feelings. It's all about the impact one person can have on your life. It's simple but simplicity is what creates the most beautiful things in the world.

However, I believe that it is possible to have more than one sunshine in your life. More importantly, I think you must allow yourself to have more than one sunshine. Sunshines come in the form of any person who is near and dear to you. The song is designed to be sung about the love of your life but I think that it could (and should) also be applied to any truly good friend who you can't live without.

The sun is a star after all and there are many stars in the sky. Stars are what you need in your life. Stars will make you happy when skies are grey. When you can't find the right words to express how much you love someone you know you have found one of your stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment